Monday, July 28, 2008

It's something every weekend!

But this one was the best because Ryan and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary!!!!! It's my favorite day of the whole year, celebrating the most memorable day of my life! My wonderful hubby had a fun day planned for us, starting with breakfast in bed. I am a huge fan of breakfast, and I woke up to french toast, eggs and fruit salad! I have the best husband who takes such good care of me<3. Here's what we did for the rest of the day:


First off, a scenic motorcycle ride through the canyons. It was a blast, as it always is joyriding on the bike, but it was blazing hot! Here we are with our chubby helmet faces.



We stopped for a picnic lunch at a "lake" (more like a pond) off one of the canyon roads. We thought we might be able to go swimming, but once we saw the water up close we changed our minds! It was nice to be in the shade of the huge willow trees.


Some areas of the ride were more scenic than others. This one canyon was lush and green, where others were brown and dry. We passed by Castaic Reservoir and both wanted to jump in!


We got back home and then Ryan announced plans for dinner, The Melting Pot! We got ready and headed to the old town part of Pasadena, which is kind of the downtown area with all the fun shops, restaurants and clubs. It was so much fun and really delicious. It's definitely a uniquw experience because you cook your food and it takes almost 3 hours! I'm so glad we went, and especially for our anniversary because it was so romantic :)



The chocolate fondue was scrumptious! All of the treats to dip in it were yummy, but the cheesecake was my favorite. I think I can say it was the best dessert I'd ever had, and especially the best chocolate too (besides a swiss chocolate bar!). We couldn't stop eating it, even after all the little yummies to dip in it were gone!

4 comments:

Jeanne Greenie said...

awww, Congratulations on 5 years! :)

The McCarthys said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful day you must have had. I hear from all the LA people that have moved up here that the Melting Pot is scrumptious. Adrienne, congrats on the job!

Mrs. Black said...

Oh, I'm so glad you guys went to the Melting Pot!!! How is the prepping going for school? I am going back home in like a week and a half!!! I am really excited but at the same time I can't believe how fast the summer went. Good luck with the school stuff! Miss you tons!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 5 years!